Monday, June 23, 2008

Sigh.......

It seems my prediction skills have been lacking as of late.

On a brighter note, watching Diego Sanchez return to form Saturday night was exciting. He had the swagger back in his step and really came out like a pit bull. The Sanchez we saw Saturday night is the Sanchez that we saw win The Ultimate Fighter. I predict this guy will be a champion someday.

C.B. Dolloway is a cry baby. Now I know why he enjoys wearing women's sunglasses. Maybe he should switch to kids sunglasses because that is exactly what he acted like after Amir kicked his can. His protesting to the stoppage of the fight was absolutely ridiculous. Anyone who knows anything about MMA and even those who don't, would agree that he tapped. All he did was make himself look like a total jerk. If its one thing you learn watching the UFC, it is that Dana White doesn't like cry babies. I don't think we will be seeing much if any of C.B. Dolloway in the future.

On the other hand, has there ever been a more fun guy to root for than Amir Sadollah? Granted, it wasn't the greatest fight in T.U.F. history, but I think that had more to do with his opponent than anything else. Amir had a genuine "I'm just happy to be here" attitude the entire show. He doesn't seem the least bit impressed with himself. I tend to think he is a love able version of Chris Leben. At any rate, I think the right guy won the show and I cant wait to watch him in the Octagon. He is exactly the type of fighter that fans get behind and with a couple of wins against bigger names, he could be a marketing machine for the UFC.

All in all it was a pretty good night of fights. With the exception of one snoozer (Riddell vs. Rivera) the fights were action packed. It just goes to show that even with a night full of fights that would normally be an under card, the UFC can still put on a better show than Elite XC on prime time TV.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brandon - Have you retired? Please let me know, I lose two seconds every day checking your site for updated news.

Best...

R. McGowan